Onyx Fire Services strive to incorporate sustainability into our core business operations through internal and external efforts. We shall adapt the following policies and procedures.
· Conserve energy, water, and natural resources
· Commit to only purchase environmental preferable products.
· Reuse, Reduce and Recycle
· Promote environmental awareness.
Reuse Reduce and Recycle
· Reduce our waste by recycling when and where possible increasing recycling and composting capabilities.
· Strive to increase waste diversion by recycling all paper, cardboard, wood, metals, bottles, plastics, packaging, and cans.
· Composting all food and landscape waste.
· Discouraging the use of paper towel and promoting the use of cloths.
· Reduce the waste generated by reusable office supplies by donating to charities or organisations.
· Reuse envelopes where possible and buy reusable products.
· Promote the use of solar energy and natural lighting.
· Institute a policy of turning lights or electrical appliances when rooms are unoccupied.
· Conserve water using drip irrigation systems.
We shall reduce the toxic materials to protect employees and others health and the environment. Specifically, we shall.
· Choose green certificate janitorial products.
· Only use recycled content product, materials, and supplies where available.
· Purchas no VOC paints, markers, or air fresheners.
· Recycle universal waste and prohibit purchasing hazardous waste.
· Purchase rechargeable batteries and appliances.
Environmental preferable purchasing
We shall purchase and use the following.
· Remanufactured and refillable toner cartridges.
· Office & toilet paper will 100% recycled content as well as tree free paper (where feasible)
· Use products with the least packaging.
· Promote the use of refillable water bottles, bags and reusable go containers.
· Energy star rated appliances and office equipment.
We shall conserve fossil fuels by
· Encouraging the use of public transport (where possible)
· Offering telecommunication options.
We shall educate employees on resource, conservation, and pollution prevention by
· Educating on the effects to waste to the environment through meetings.
· Training sessions through toolbox talks on recycling and composting practices, resources conversation ideas the importance of low toxic purchase etc.
· Inform employee of environmental issues in company training and staff meetings.
Through the course of our work, we will endeavour to promote these policies to all new/existing staff, companies and individuals.